ទុកចិត្តព្រះ (Tuk Chit Pres)

Trust in God

I have it tattooed on my wrist for a reason. As a reminder, because I forget.

Life is hard, some days harder than others. Minutes ago I sat here freaking out about everything that's going on in my life. I suddenly and unexpectedly have to find a new place to live as soon as possible and that entails so much. I felt like I was doing everything virtually alone regardless of my roommate. But then I read my devotion for the day and I phrase caught me after reading it a second time, "Fearful, anxious thoughts melt away in the light of my presence".

I forget.

I forget all too easily that I need to trust Him. That is the reason this year for a final ten page paper in a class I wrote about it, about what trusting in God looks like yet I still forget to do it. I can look at His blessings and thank Him, I can think about His grace and love Him for it, yet time and time again I forget to rely on Him. I can only pray that this tough time that I am going to will teach me more about trusting the Lord and relying on His promise that He's got my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment