Bandsick

Sometimes my heart yearns for the good old days of band. I miss the music. How beautiful it could be when we all jointly focused on trying. The new songs we would get and sight read and either immediately fall in love with it and be super excited, or hate it and dread playing it. I miss the people. The great times we had together at all the required stuff we had to do, and then because we were so close hanging out after we were done. The stupid drama that happened, because we were together so much. We were a family. I miss the giddy feeling I would get playing a pep tune at the basketball games. The hyperness that came from the joy of playing a song. Pounding the cow bell as loud as possible, banging the cymbals with might, playing cadences, marching to the beat, being terrified of H and also trying not to laugh when H was screaming at someone who wasn't you.

Ahhh band, I'm homesick for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment