College

My college life goes like this...

I drink water, milk, tea, juice, pretty much everything besides coffee out of coffee mugs I get for free. Ten O'clock at night is when everyone gets together to hang out. Dinner gets skipped because I'm busy doing homework for my night class. Going to bed at eleven is early, and so is getting up at eight. When I walk to class at least two people I know pass me on the way and we greet each other. It seems to me that everyone is a musical genius, except for me of course. I get homesick, but the second I get "home" I want to be back at school, where my home truly is. Sleepovers on the floor, in the hall, three to a bed, in a chair, are normal. On Saturdays no one is in the bathroom until at least noon. If you text me at two in the morning I will probably answer. Breakfast usually isn't an option. My bed has a permanent fort built on top of it. Bed is the place I would be all the time if I could. If I have a class where I don't have any work to do, and I don't learn anything, I'm upset. There is no place in my life that I would rather be than college. It is marvelous and freeing. I love the adventure, and I wouldn't change it.

1 comment: